Effective date 15/12/2020
- TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT ONLINE
Most of our services do not require any form of registration, allowing you to visit our site without telling us who you are. However, some services may require you to voluntarily provide us with Personal Data, which may include information such as your name, birth date, email address or telephone number.
SHALINA may collect the following types of information through the SHALINA Services:
Information You Provide
You do not have to register for a service or program to receive much of the information available through Shalina Services.
Personal Data You Submit During Registration or in Response to Questionnaires
SHALINA collects Personal Data and Health Data that you provide on SHALINA Services, for example, through an enrollment form in order to register for SHALINA programs and services, to receive marketing products and information, contact SHALINA customer service, or respond to SHALINA questionnaires or surveys. This includes:
- Contact data such as your address, phone number, or email address
- Health-related, insurance and demographic data, subject to your consent, in the context of a patient support program, survey or questionnaire
- Income and demographic data, subject to your consent where required, when you request financial assistance for one of our products
- Remuneration data, subject to your consent where required, when you provide a service to SHALINA in your capacity as a healthcare professional
- Employment, education and other background data when you inquire about employment with SHALINA
- Professional, clinical practice and educational data when you participate in an SHALINA sponsored program, research or survey in your capacity as a healthcare professional
Personal Data You Submit During Other Interactions with SHALINA
You may contact SHALINA to ask questions, discuss your concerns, or report issues regarding our products. If you communicate with or request information from SHALINA, you may be prompted to provide your contact information as well as any Health Data and/or Personal Data that is relevant to your request.
Data That May Be Collected Automatically
When you use the SHALINA Services, we also may collect certain usage and device data automatically as described below. We may record the Internet Protocol (“IP”) address of your computer or other electronic device when you visit the Shalina Services. An IP address identifies the electronic device you use to access the Sites, which allows us to maintain communication with your computer as you move about Shalina Services and to customize content. Note, however, that we do not consider this type of data to be Personal Data except where we can link it to you as an individual, or where applicable law provides otherwise.
Data Collected from Other Sources
We may combine data about you from a visit to one SHALINA Service with data about you from visits to other Shalina Services. We may also combine data about you that is collected through the Shalina Services with data that we have collected offline, as well as with data provided to us by third parties.
- HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
We use your Personal Data to provide you the services you request, communicate with you, improve your experience on the SHALINA Services, generally improve our products and services and for other internal business purposes, as described in more detail below.
- Providing Programs and Services You Request
If you choose to register for one of our services, we use the Personal Data that you provide through Shalina Services to respond to your questions, provide you the services you request, offer an optimal customer experience, to perform our contractual obligations and/or on the basis of your consent.
You may also choose to receive marketing information from SHALINA, such as offers regarding SHALINA’s products or services, invitations to participate in surveys about our products, or other notifications and offers. In such cases, we will use your contact and other Personal Data to send you marketing information. You can opt out from receiving marketing information in the manner indicated in the relevant marketing message, and as further detailed below.
- Customized User Experiences
- Business and Product Improvement
In order to discover new facts that could help SHALINA better understand customer needs and help improve, develop, and evaluate product services, materials, programs, and treatments, SHALINA analyzes the information that you have provided for its legitimate interests in business and product improvement.
- Service Analytics and Improvement
We may use the information that you provide and the information we collect automatically about your use of the Shalina Services to monitor user traffic patterns and preferences for our legitimate business interests of improvement, analytics and optimization of the Shalina Services.
- Consequences of Not Providing Personal Data
- Do Not Track (DNT) Signals
Given the divergent practices of organizations that offer browsers and the lack of a standard in the marketplace, we do not respond to DNT signals at this time.
- Retention of Personal Data
- WHEN WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
SHALINA does not sell or disclose your Personal Data to third parties without your consent, except:
- To another company in connection with the sale or transfer of one of our product lines or divisions, which includes the services provided through one or more of the Shalina Services.
- To governing regulatory authorities or as may otherwise be necessary for SHALINA to comply with a legal obligation or demand.
- Third-Party Advertising and Online Behavioral Advertising
You may be provided with online advertisements of SHALINA products and services on third-party websites and mobile services that are tailored to you, for example, on the basis of information that you provide to SHALINA or a third-party website you are visiting, or of your browsing activity, purchases, or interests. These types of tailored online advertisements may come through several sources, such as the following:
- We may share with our advertising service providers your non-identifying information that we have obtained from cookies and other tracking technologies on our Shalina Services.
- Affiliates, Vendors and Suppliers
- Product Reports
If you contact SHALINA regarding your experience in using one of our products, we may use the information that you provide in submitting reports to industry regulators and as otherwise required of us by law. We also may use the information to contact the prescribing physician to follow up regarding an unexpected event involving the use of our product.
- Legal Rights and Obligations
In certain limited circumstances, SHALINA may need to disclose your Personal Data in order to comply with a legal obligation or demand, such as to comply with reporting obligations to our governing regulatory authorities regarding the safety of our pharmaceutical products, or in connection with the sale or transfer of one of our product lines or divisions, which includes the services provided through one or more of the Shalina Services. In such instances, we will take measures to protect your Personal Data to the extent possible. We also reserve the right to use Personal Data to investigate and prosecute users who violate our rules or who engage in behavior that is illegal or harmful to others or to others’ property.
We may also share your Personal Data with any corporate purchaser or prospect to the extent permitted by law as part of any merger, acquisition, sale of company assets, or transition of service to another provider, as well as in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which Personal Data would be transferred as an SHALINA asset.
- COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
We also collect information about your use of Shalina Services through tracking technologies such as cookies and web beacons. A “Cookie” is a unique numeric code that is transferred to your computer to track your interests and preferences and to recognize you as a return visitor. A “Web beacon” is a transparent graphic image placed on a Web site, e-mail or advertisement that enables the monitoring of things such as user activity and site traffic. These technologies help remember your preferences and allow us to bring you the content and features that are likely to be of greatest interest to you on the basis of “clickstream” data that shows your previous activities on Shalina Services.
Cookies on our website are generally divided into the following categories:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies:These are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas. These cookies are session cookies that are erased when you close your browser.
- Functional Cookies:These improve the functional performance of our website and make it easier for you to use. For example, cookies are used to remember that you have previously visited the website and asked to remain logged into it. These cookies qualify as persistent cookies, because they remain on your device for us to use during a next visit to our website. You can delete these cookies via your browser settings.
- Targeting Cookies: These record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed to recognize you as a previous visitor and to track your activity on the website and other websites you visit. These cookies qualify as persistent cookies, because they remain on your device for us to use during a next visit to our website. You can delete these cookies via your browser settings. See below for further details on how you can control third party targeting cookies.
Your Options if You Do Not Want Cookies on Your Computer
You can review your Internet browser settings, typically under the sections “Help” or “Internet Options,” to exercise choices you have for certain Cookies. If you disable or delete certain Cookies in your Internet browser settings, you might not be able to access or use important functions or features of this Site, and you may be required to re-enter your log-in details.
To learn more about certain cookies used for interest based advertising by third parties, including through cross-device tracking, and to exercise certain choices regarding such cookies, please visit allaboutcookies.org on your device settings.
Some Shalina Services are available either as mobile applications or mobile sites that you can use on your mobile device. If you use a mobile device to access and use the SHALINA Services, we may collect the following mobile-specific data in addition to the other data described above: device or advertising ID, device type, hardware type, media access control (“MAC”) address, international mobile equipment identity (“IMEI”), the version of your mobile operating system, the platform used to access or download the SHALINA Service (e.g., Apple, Google, Amazon, Windows), location data and usage data about your device and your use of the Shalina Services.
- MARKETING CHOICES
You have control regarding our use of your Personal Data for directing marketing. If you no longer wish to receive any marketing communications, remain on a mailing list to which you previously subscribed, or receive any other marketing communication, you can choose to not receive such communications at any time. Please follow the unsubscribe link in the relevant communication or contact us as detailed below.
- YOUR RIGHTS
- DATA SECURITY
SHALINA maintains reasonable technical, administrative, organizational and physical security measures and controls to secure any Personal Data collected through the Shalina Services. However, there is always some risk that an unauthorized third party could intercept an Internet transmission, or that someone will find a way to thwart our security systems. We urge you to exercise caution when transmitting Personal Data over the Internet, especially your health-related information. SHALINA cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will not gain access to your Personal Data; therefore, when submitting Personal Data to SHALINA Services, you must weigh both the benefits and the risks.
- LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES AND SOCIAL MEDIA PLUG-INS
As a convenience to our visitors, this website may contain links to other sites owned and operated by third parties that we believe may offer useful information. The policies and procedures we describe here do not apply to those sites. We are not responsible for the collection or use of Personal Data by or on any third party sites. Therefore, we disclaim any liability for any third party’s use of Personal Data obtained through using the third party web site. We suggest contacting those sites directly for information on their privacy, security, data collection, and distribution policies.
- ACCESSING OUR SITES GLOBALLY
This site is owned and operated by Shalina Healthcare DMCC, but the information you provide, including your Personal Data, will be accessible to our affiliates, vendors, and suppliers in other countries, and if you are visiting this site from a country outside your country, your communication with us will necessarily result in the transfer of information across international borders. Personal Data may be transferred to our parent company or other SHALINA affiliates, territories that may not provide a level of protection to Personal Data equivalent to that provided by your home country. We have concluded the SHALINA Inter-affiliate Data Transfer policy which covers all Personal Data transfers between SHALINA affiliates worldwide to ensure the adequate protection of your Personal Data.
- PRIVACY OF CHILDREN
Our website is not directed at children. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of 13.
- CONTACT US
SHALINA’s Privacy Office can be contacted at email@example.com or write us to the following address:.